Your home for professional Chinese to English and English to Chinese translation services
In July 2000, Liu Yuanyuan, the former office manager, and Wen Jian, the former senior editor and translator from the London Financial Times' translation and editorial facility in China, set up Nanjing Shanglong Communictions, Nanjing, China's first translation agency specializing in accurate Chinese to English and English to Chinese translations of public relations, marketing and advertising materials.
The management team, steeped in Western management principles and practices acquired from their former employer, brought their professional translation skills and education in quality assurance with them. These principles and practices are applied to every translation and localization project they take on.
A professional and dedicated staff of translators and editors
translators and editors are dedicated to the art of translation
and proud of their achievements. Shanglong does not contract any of its
work out to third party translation houses, part-timers or freelancers.
Shanglong does not use mechanical translation tools in any part of the
process. All projects are handled and completed in our offices,
assuring consistent high quality as well as the confidentiality of the
Shanglong is a 365-day 24-hour per day operation, fully staffed round the clock Monday-Friday, and with translators and editors available on call on weekends and all of China’s public holidays, enabling quick same day turn-around on urgent projects, including during US, Canadian and European daytime hours.
The latest in translation technology
employs the most up-to-date translation tools and project management
systems with Trados
Workbench and associated translation memory systems as the
A gold-plated roster of longstanding and satisfied clients
Shanglong has established a partnership with
PR Newswire (world's largest distributor of corporate
news releases) and is the exclusive Chinese-language translation and
localization provider to several international multilingual translation
agencies including and
SprakGruppen in Gothenburg, Sweden and Novilinguists Multimedia
in Genoa, Italy. Shanglong also provides the English-to-Chinese
translation service for the more demanding high-end clients of
multilingual firms Sajan
in River Falls, Wisconsin and Simultrans
in Boston, Massachusetts.
A sampling of projects include:
- Simplified Chinese website localization for Fort Collins, Colorado-based provider of power and flow solutions for emerging, renewable-energy and IT markets, Advanced Energy [English] [Chinese]
- Simplified Chinese website localization for Plano, Texas-based technology business solutions provider, Dell Perot Systems (now Dell Services)
- Simplified Chinese website localization for Paris, France-based international trade information resource organization, the Federation of International Trade Associations (FITA) [English] [Chinese]
website localization for
Grasse, France-based luxury yacht and superyacht architecture
and design firm
Francis Design [English] [Simplified
Simplified Chinese translation for two years running of the North American Auto Show promotional package for General Motors
- Simplified Chinese website localization for Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia-based real estate investment and development firm KGL LLC [English] [Simplified Chinese]
- Web localization into both Traditional and Simplified Chinese for the Quebec City, Canada-based Victorian style 4-star hotel, Le Clos Saint-Louis [English] [Simplified Chinese] [Traditional Chinese]
- Web localization into both Traditional and Simplified Chinese for the Quebec City, Canada-based French art deco boutique hotel, Le Manoir d'Auteuil [English] [Simplified Chinese] [Traditional Chinese]
- Simplified Chinese PDF presentation documents for US-based billing and accounting solutions provider to the power industry, Lodestar Corporation
- Simplified Chinese website localization for the Paris-based high-end tourism agency Luxe French Living [English and Chinese]
- Simplified Chinese website localization for Kuala Lumpur-based lumber and wood products exporter, the McCorry Malaysia Sdn Bhd [English] [Chinese]
- Simplified Chinese website localization for New York City-based strategic communications and private consultancy firm Richard Attias & Associates [English] [Chinese]
- Chinese-language video subtitling project for Santa Monica, California-based luxury architectural design and coordination form, 7Circle [English and Chinese]
- Web localization into both Traditional and Simplified Chinese for the London-based trade show organizer, Tarsus Group plc
- Simplified Chinese website localization for Rolling Meadows, Illinois-based webhosting firm Web Hosting Pad [English] [Chinese]
- Translation of press releases and public relations materials for well over a hundred companies and organizations.
Please see our extensive Clients list.
We look forward to hearing from you concerning your Chinese to English or English to Chinese translation and localization project.
Liu Yuanyuan, Director of Operations